I haven’t forgotten about this little space of mine.
The usual excuse, “Life is busy,” does apply here. But at the same time, if I’m being completely honest, I think for awhile, I was just stressing myself into documenting things we did as a family (and the additional stress of adding photos to go with our weekend stories).
Not that I regret doing that – but as days, weeks and eventually, months went on, I realized I had forgotten other reasons for blogging. I had forgotten about how I used this space for other things, like from whimsical, random musings to more serious, personal stuff.
I will not try to ‘catch up’ with what we’ve been doing with our lives. I would love to, mind you, because we’ve done a lot of great things between all our work lives and Chaeli’s school life. As a family, we definitely do not waste our quality time together.
But there’s just too much to write about so if I’m going to get back to blogging, I need it to be less constricted – less rules. More freedom.
My urge for coming back here is that I just wanted to give one of my own random updates:
- I’m nearing the end of my P90X3 program and I feel like a warrior!
- My best friend, Ada, always believed in treating oneself to the good things in life. Why go cheap if it’s something that I really need or want? It’s taken me 41 years to get to the point where I believe I deserve those good things. I’m currently spending nothing less than $25 (sometimes as high as $50) on a good vintage, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- It’s been a real eye-opener this past year when it comes to friendships – some are always there and some seemed to have fizzled away. The latter, I do not take personally. But have come to just accept that their friendship had meant more to me than it did to them.
- I work hard – very hard. And I reward myself with RMT massages, reflexology massages, high-quality manicures and pedicures. I no longer feel guilty for treating myself with these luxuries.
- The only thing I truly regret this past year was the 111 minutes I’ll never get back from watching “Magic Mike.” Oh it was horrible…
- The more successful you become at your job, the more jealous people you encounter. Work bullies will then target you because they often target those they see as a threat. I no longer am afraid of work bullies. I don’t like them, but they can’t touch me.
- Some days, I wake up and just wish I didn’t have diabetes. That it would just disappear.
- As busy as I am, I have not neglected preparing for Christmas. There are a couple of things I didn’t have time to do this year but I’m still looking forward to the special day. And yes… that $50 cab-sav is being saved to go with that massive turkey.
- To add to point two above, we will be going on another cruise. And I definitely plan to spend up to $100 on a really good full-bodied red wine to go with the best steaks ever!