to start, this year’s father’s day fell on a weekend where doug did not have to work. yeay!
a quick recap of the weekend:
- saturday morning brunch of thick french toast, bacon and fresh berries.
- gave doug his presents: long sleeve german tee from black helmet firefighters apparel; cool flask also from black helmet; distressed batman tee from silver snails.
- hiked from a different trail end in rouge park. beautiful!
- star trek into darkness (great but not as good as first; lacked a bit in the character development and storyline – and watching it in 3D was such a waste!)
- dinner at wild wings with pints of beer on tap.
- sunday morning wake-up call from chaeli.
- made egg-n-hole for everyone.
- went to parents’ place for afternoon swim, followed by father’s day dinner (plus birthday cake to celebrate doug’s birthday).
i think doug’s favourite part of the weekend was sunday morning, after chaeli jumped in our bed with what she made doug for father’s day. i heard him sigh and said, “this is cool – everyone’s here. what a great way to start the day!”