so it’s been booked.
during the first quarter of next year, we will be staying inside disney world at their new orleans’ french quarter resort for one whole week. we are taking advantage of their special invite for returning customers only who will receive a free dining plus package plan. in other words, for the whole week we are there, we will have 21 each of snacks, quick-service meal (fast food style) and table service (restaurant) for each of us paid for.
if anyone’s been to disney, they will understand how much this will save – most likely close to a grand for the three of us!
i knew we were aiming for a disney vacation some time early next year but dates were not confirmed until recently. still, i went ahead and booked restaurants for weeks we were most likely going to be there. disney restaurants take reservations up to 180 days upon arrival with or without a vacation reservation. which meant that all the popular restaurants get booked up pretty fast.
i learned this the last time when we planned way too late and couldn’t get reservations within the 2 months we booked our vacation. i managed to get reservations to only 1 character dining, 2 fine dining and 1 casual dining. but everything else was booked so i couldn’t take advantage of this dining plan we will be experiencing for the first time. even with a free dining plan, it still saves the average family 15-20% while dining in disney world.
our choices should we choose to keep them (i booked one extra which we may cancel, depending):
- Tusker House Restaurant, Disney’s Animal Kingdom: brunch buffet, character dining – characters include mickey, minnie, goofy and donald duck.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Epcot: brunch buffet, character dining – 7 disney princesses will be present.
- Hollywood & Vine, Disney’s Hollywood Studios: dinner buffet.
- The Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom Park: brunch buffet, character dining – characters include winnie the pooh, piglet, eeyore and tigger.
- Chef Mickey’s, Disney’s Contemporary Resort: brunch buffet, character dining – characters include mickey, minnie, goofy and donald duck.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Disney’s BoardWalk Area: dinner fine dining – restaurant owned by american iron chef.
- 50′s Prime Time Café, Disney’s Hollywood Studios: lunch casual dining.
- Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom Park: lunch casual dining.
all the above restaurants will be a first for us – except for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. this was a huge success the last time since chaeli got to meet and pose with 7 disney prinesses during our brunch.
another tip – character dining is a like killing two birds with one stone. gone are the days where characters roamed around the theme parks. there are designated places to meet and greet certain characters. all of them involve line-ups. the first time we went, we lined up for an hour or more just to meet mickey. when we finally were 2nd in line, chaeli fell asleep.
character dining isn’t cheap so we’re definitely taking advantage of the free dining plan to use on some of these types of dining experiences.